Saturday, January 8, 2011

Falling Object Studies

Spent a few hours watching and re-watching three videos this week.

1) Tennis ball drop



2) Nerf Football drop



3) Me dropping



I have never created my own time/dopesheet before and it took me a while to get comfortable. After a little online research and a review of the Animators Survival Guide by Richard Williams I think I'm on my way to finding a comfortable format. The tennis ball was pretty straight forward. Minimal movement when bouncing and a slight rotation. The football is oddly shaped and takes a few unexpected bounces. It also compresses a bit more than the tennis ball. Me falling is the most difficult. There are obviously more moving parts. Besides bounce, squash and stretch etc., there are many follow through and overlapping motions to track (head, arms legs). Scans/video and updates to come a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment